Booking the Concert Hall
A standard concert hall booking will generally include the following, in addition to use of the main auditorium:
- use of two small dressing rooms and two lecture rooms for the concert performance;
- shared use of the main public foyer;
- standard concert lighting rig;
- one Steinway model D grand piano (tuning cost not included)
- standard PRS for Music charges;
- orchestra seating, music stands and conductor’s rostrum;
- a licensed and staffed bar during the interval of your concert.
As West Road Concert Hall does not provide any front of house staff, each promoter is responsible for providing sufficient front of house and back stage staff to set up and run your event. You must provide competent stewards over the age of 18 to supervise the entrance and exit of the public through each of the Concert Hall’s four doors in public use. Their major responsibilities include checking tickets, assisting patrons in finding their seats and taking control of their designated area in the event of any evacuation or other emergency. You will also be responsible for providing staff to sell programmes or other merchandise.
The Concert Hall seats are numbered according to a seating plan. Please note that we strongly recommend the use of reserved seating as it facilitates audience seating and improves the chance of disabled patrons securing a seat that is appropriate to their needs. This will also save your stewards having to prevent latecomers from standing in the gangways when the audience is full, which violates the conditions of our Premises Licence.
We do not operate our own box office at West Road, but arrangements can be made with the ADC Theatre, Cambridge Arts Theatre or Cambridge Live Tickets to sell tickets on your behalf. We have a box office point in the foyer for sales on the night of the concert, but you will be responsible for making your own float and cash security. For further information, please contact:
- ADC Theatre on 01223 300085
- Cambridge Arts Theatre on 01223 503333
- Cambridge Live Tickets on 01223 357851
We can offer limited help with your event promotion if you provide us with the following:
- 100 x A5 flyers (to be displayed in the Concert Hall foyer)
- 2 x A3 portrait sized posters (for display on noticeboards at the Concert Hall)
- A completed Programme Details Form and hi-res .jpg image for inclusion in the What’s On section of our website.
We cannot provide a full promotion service so it is your responsibility to arrange marketing for your event.
Public Liability Insurance
The University has public liability insurance to cover injury, loss or damage resulting from its own negligence. You are also required to hold public liability insurance to cover injury, loss or damage resulting from your and/or your agent’s own negligence with a limit of indemnity of £2m. For further information, please see our Standard Conditions of Hire