- 2 x Steinway model D grand pianos
- 1 x Chamber organ
Other instruments may be hired through the Cambridge University Musical Society. Please visit their website for details.
- 120 chairs
- 80 unlit music stands
- 1 conductor’s stand
- 1 conductor’s rostrum
- 16 risers: 4′ x 4′ x 2′ (1.2m x 1.2m x 0.6m)
- 16 risers: 4′ x 4′ x 1′ (1.2m x 1.2m x 0.3m)
Each will accommodate 3 standing adults or 2 with chairs or instruments.
Stage Extension & Orchestra Pit
Use of either the stage extension or orchestra pit must be negotiated well in advance of your event as, for health and safety reasons, the lid cannot be lifted at short notice.
Black Harlequin Studio flooring is available for hire, covering the width and depth of the Concert Hall platform.
Sound and Lighting
We do not have an in-house technician so we recommend that you either bring in your own equipment or employ an experienced technician to operate our equipment. We can let you have contact details of AV companies that have previously worked on events here.
The following equipment is available to hire:
- Christie DHD800 data projector
- Fixed drop-down screen (6m x 4.5m)
- Conference lectern (size of front panel: 60cm wide x 119.5cm high)
- Mackie 1642-VLZ3 16 channel, 4 bus mixing desk
- ETC Element lighting console
- 4 loudspeakers, controlled by a Yamaha XMG4180 amplifier
- dbx Drive Rack Processor, with a built in compressor, EQ unit and a feedback destroyer
- 2 x hand-held Sennheiser True Diversity UHF EW 300 G2 radio microphones
- 2 x lapel Sennheiser True Diversity UHF EWG2 radio microphones
- 2 x MX412/N Lectern microphones
West Road Concert Hall offer an archive recording facility, enabling concert organisers to record their performances straight on to CD or compact flash card. For further details on how to hire this facility please contact us.
The stage floor houses 28 three pin XLR sockets divided between 4 stage boxes. Each box has tie-lines to a patch panel at the front of house position, located near the sound and lighting desks.
- 1 x Samsung Digital Presenter SDP-850 visualiser
- 2 x wireless laser presentation remotes
- 1 x DVD player
- 1 x VCR
- 6 x overhead projectors
- 1 x OHP screen
- 300+ chairs
- 90 tables (3′ x 2′)